We had such a great response to the last contest, we’ve decided to do it again in honor of National Preparedness Month.
This time around, we’re doing another writing contest, but with a twist. Rather than leave the door wide open as to the topics, you’ll have to write an essay in response to one of the questions outlined below.
1) How did you get started with prepping? In other words, what was it that caused you to decide to start putting aside supplies, food, water, and such for the possible hard times ahead?
2) Have you had to rely upon your preps during an emergency? Tell us what happened and how your preps were used.
3) What challenges have you faced with prepping and how did you overcome them?
Now, here’s how the contest will work. Entries must be a minimum of 250 words and there is no maximum length. Please be sure to spell check your entries and use your best grammar and punctuation. Keep your entries clean and family friendly, as best you can.
Email your entries to Jim@Survival-Gear.com no later than Monday, September 20, 2011. Do not send attachments, just have the entry in the body of the email. Be sure to include your name and mailing address as well as a title for your essay.
All approved entries will be posted to the blog here as they are received.
We will choose three winning entries at random on September 26, 2011.
If you don’t want to write an essay, you still have a chance at a prize too. As the essays are posted, we encourage you to comment on them. Those who comment on the essays will be entered into a separate drawing. While you are welcome to post as many comments as you like, you will only receive one entry per essay on which you’ve commented. We will choose two comments at random on September 26, 2011 to win prizes.
To clarify, there will be three winning essay entries chosen AND two winning comments chosen. Five prizes total will be awarded.
What could you win? Glad you asked! Each of the winning essay entries will receive their choice of either a Budget Survival Kit (1 person size) or a $50.00 gift certificate for Survival-Gear.com. Each of the winning comments will receive their choice of either a 2 quart canteen or a $15.00 gift certificate for Survival-Gear.com. All prizes will ship by the end of September.
The fine print:
1) While anyone on the planet is welcome to enter the contest, we will only ship prizes to addresses in the continental U.S..
2) Please only submit one essay for the contest. Be sure to include your name and mailing address.
3) Only one winner per household. Further to that, please note that during the last contest, we did have incidents of people trying to make multiple entries using alternate email addresses and such. This is not allowed and evidence of doing so will result in disqualification.